Mergers & Acquisitions
When you are planning a strategic change to your business, it deserves to be:
- well thought through;
- guided by experience; and
- driven to capture or realise the value behind the deal.
Our award-winning team of Corporate lawyers focus on delivering a service that fits your particular objectives and successfully gets you through the minefield of corporate finance.
- Provide high levels of Partner/Director level involvement
- See the ‘wood from the trees’
- Understand your business and where its value is
- Look after your interests at every stage – project managing as required
- Work sensitively with your colleagues in Due Diligence and Disclosure
- Work constructively with your other advisers and funders
- Use our sector, deal and commercial experience to:
- reduce risks – before and after completion
- add and retain value; and
- guide you about what is normal/not normal/OK/not OK.
We believe that it is vital to understand your business and more importantly what you personally want to achieve and why – in that way we can tailor the support that we can give to what you actually need.
We have successfully worked in a wide variety of sectors, too many to list but here are a few of the more recent ones:
- Advanced manufacturing
- Services to:
- aerospace and
- hi-tech industries read more
- Services to:
- IT services, software, hardware
- Web-based business
- Healthcare – including Doctors, Dentists, Pharmacies and medical products
- Care Homes
- Equipment Rental
- Funeral parlours
If yours is not on the list, just ask us about it. We have also completed deals involving overseas businesses or parties so we know what to expect and how to manage the particular complexities that can arise.
You will have probably heard of the many different labels for corporate transactions, such as:
- mergers & acquisitions
- business sales
- business acquisitions
- company sales
- company acquisitions
- MBOs – management buy-outs
- MBIs – management buy-ins
- Angel or seed corn investment
- Venture capital and private equity investment
- Joint ventures – JVs
to name but a few, but we look behind these labels at what you as business people are aiming at and avoid pigeon-holing either your needs or the solution.
If you are thinking about passing the business on then please also see our succession planning page.