Murray Macnab (LL.B, FloD, CF) Director
01159 725 222
Murray Macnab (LL.B, FloD, CF) is based at our Long Eaton office
Commercial and Litigation
Company & Commercial
Murray is the Head of our Company & Commercial department. Murray joined Ellis-Fermor & Negus in 2011 and became a Director in 2013.
Murray qualified as a solicitor in 1990. His main areas of work are:
- Business and Company Sales (succession planning) , reorganisations, acquisitions, MBOs +JVs
- Outsourcing contracts
- Commercial contracts and advice (including agency, distribution, supply contracts and terms and conditions)
- IT (including GDPR/ Data Protection Audits, software development, support and hosting contracts and Website and E-commerce packages)
- Intellectual Property (including brand and product acquisition and licensing)
- Investment and funding arrangements (angel, VC and banking)
- Shareholder agreements & partnership agreements.
Murray holds a number of memberships and professional associations. These include:
- Member of the Society for Computers and Law (former Midlands Committee member)
- ICAE&W Corporate Finance qualified
- Fellow of the Institute of Directors
- Former Chairman and Secretary of Notts and Derbys Branch of the IoD.
- Former member of the East Midlands Regional Committee of the IoD.
- Former Chairman of the Greater Nottingham Business Alliance
- Former Voluntary Assessor for the Connect Midlands Invored programme
- Former Secretary of Derby Chamber of Trade
Notable matters include:
- Achieving the sale of the shares in the NDT Services group to a quoted plc for which he was recognized as a DealMaker of the Year In 2012 by Finance Monthly
- Working with numerous other owner-managers and family companies to achieve their desired exit and realisation of value
- Successfully negotiating the acquisition and licensing of intellectual property rights in products so as to allow a client to add to its product range and build value in the products and associated trademarks
- Assisting in an unusual outsourcing arrangement and joint venture over the critical IT capability
- Advising a charity on a significant welfare to work training contract it has taken on.
Murray is married with three children and although they and their dog occupy most of his spare time, he is also a member St. Alkmund’s Church in Duffield and helps out with the sound system there.
He otherwise just tries to stay in one piece while raising money for charity, e.g. Robin Hood Half-Marathon, 106m cycle ride from Derby to Skegness and in one year completion of ‘100 not out!’ (the 75m Nottinghamshire Bike Ride in June and the 25m Chatsworth Challenge Walk in September). He has recently raised money for the Derbyshire Churches and Chapels Trust by reaching 10 churches one morning during his cycling in the “Ride and Stride” event.
Murray has also previously been a Primary School Governor.
“Murray did a superb job for us, always calm and considered. We feel Murray did an excellent job and will definitely use him again.” David Newnes